Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Best Brownies with Mocha Glaze

This is a combination of two recipes that I got from Hersheys.com. "Best Brownies" is great recipe but the frosting was a little too sweet for me. So I took another recipe for the frosting & used it to glaze the brownie. My Mom loved it, and so does my ever loving taste-tester boyfriend. ;o) You'll love it too, so I'm gonna share the recipe. ;o) {The picture isn't so fab because I already packed them before I thought of taking it's pic, but I promise it tastes great.}



Best Brownies

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts(optional)


1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan. 2. Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. 3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare MOCHA GLAZE; spread over brownies. Cut into squares. About 16 brownies.


MOCHA GLAZE

1/4 cup powdered sugar * 3/4 teaspoon HERSHEY'S Cocoa * 1/4 teaspoon powdered instant coffee * 2 teaspoons hot water * 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract


Stir together powdered sugar and cocoa in small bowl. Dissolve coffee in water; add to sugar mixture, stirring until well blended. Stir in vanilla.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...