Thursday, May 10, 2007

Chocolate Chip Shortbread Wedges



This is the kind of cookie that tastes better on the next day. It's my first time to make shortbread cookies and now I know that I'm not gonna be fond them. There's something about it that just doesn't do it for me. It's crumbly when you bite on to it and I really don't like its texture on my mouth when I eat it. My mom said it was like eating polvoron! Anyway, I got the original recipe from the Hershey's website, which calls for macadamia nuts covered in Hershey's chocolate. I substituted it with just plain chocolate chips from Van Houten. (I wanted to try out a different brand ;o))


This is the original recipe:
***
HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chips and Macadamia Nut Shortbread Wedges
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (no substitutes), softened
1/2 cup sugar
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chips and Macadamia Pieces

1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in flour and vanilla, beating until you have pea-sized crumbs. Stir in chips and madadamia nuts. With hands press mixture into ball; divide into two smaller equal balls.
3. Place one dough ball at each end of prepared cookie sheet; flatten each into circle about 1/2 inch thick. With knife cut each circle into 12 wedges. Do not separate wedges.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set. Cool 10 minutes; recut wedges. 24 wedges.
***

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...