Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Cupcakes with Royal Icing




I made these cupcakes for my sister's birthday. I wanted to jazz it up a bit so I frosted them with royal icing. Bad idea!!! The icing melted the next morning when I brought them to work for my friends. It was all sticky and gooey, I could barely hold it! The cake tasted great but the icing was a little off. I guess it was my fault... Not having an electric mixer handy, I had to whip it up with my hand and a good ol' wire whisk. ;o)



Royal Icing


3 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 egg whites, beaten

*In a bowl, sift together confectioners' sugar and cream of tartar. Using electric mixer, beat in 2 beaten egg whites for about 5 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to hold its shape.


(Source: http://www.allrecipes.com/)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...