Saturday, March 29, 2008

Flaming Lava Cake by Delifrance


We just finished watching a movie at Festival, and Richard was looking for some place to eat. We tried out Delifrance, for a change. :) I wasn't very hungry yet considering we just ate a big lunch just before we started the movie! So I opted for dessert. At first glance, it looked like an ordinary cake with no decoration aside from the confectioner's sugar sprinkled on top. Before the waitress handed my cake over, she poured some sort of alcohol around it, and it went ablaze! So that's how it got its name... I thought. :) As my fork sliced the tiny cake, hot chocholate oozed out from inside, and I immediately noticed how thin the actual cake was. I would've been more impressed if the cake tasted as good as it looked. The alcohol imparted a very bitter taste on the sides of the cake, I almost couldn't swallow it. Otherwise it would've tasted nice and chocolatey. Though I liked the melted chocolate in the middle. I really wish they never had to pour alcohol on it, I may want to order it again next time. But then again, it wouldn't be called "Flaming Lava Cake" anymore, would it? ;o)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...