Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Favorite Stop

Going home from work, I had to cross the street passing by Ministop. And almost always, I had to stop by the store and buy myself anything to quench my thirst or to fill my growling stomach. I've tried most of what they offer but there are two items that has become my favorite:

Shark's Fin Dumplings


I know this probably isn't authentic shark's fin, but still the taste is oh so yummy! It has something in it that I can't put my finger on... It tastes of some herb that's savory and leaves you wanting for more. I like that it's deep fried to perfection and the wanton wrapper is crispy to the bite. If only I could have my way, I would eat this everyday for dinner! Plus, it's very inexpensive, just P29/4 pcs. There were so many times I had brought this at home that my little sister requests for it everyday! It has become her favorite too.


Revel Bars by Pam's Kitchen


My other sister, who's living in a dorm at the moment, recommended this to me. She went to Ministop with some friends for a late night snack and had these. She was so satisfied with it that she raved about it when she went back home. I had totally forgot about it until yesterday when I had another craving for shark's fin dumplings. I checked what's on the chiller and found these! At first I thought they were a bit pricey for my budget, but they were worth it! The oatmeal bottom was a real treat (and very healthy too!), and the chocolate frosting was so creamy and decadent. I think it would be better with walnuts on top, but nevertheless, they were great.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...