Friday, June 1, 2007

Banana Oatmeal Muffin


I got this from the May issue of Food Magazine. The mouthwatering photos of cakes & cupcakes on the cover page captivated my eyes and lured me to buy a copy. This recipe is entitled "banana cupcakes", but I find it too dense to be a cupcake... plus it calls for a cup of rolled oats, so I aptly named it "banana oatmeal muffin". :) I just made a little variation; I added about half a teaspoon of vanilla extract (since the recipe didn't call for it), and I sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top. It came out delish! As with most bread and pastries, this tasted better on the next day when all the ingredients have come to know each other. I used three large red bananas (that's what we have left over inside our fridge), so the cupcake/muffin came out chunky-licious! ;o)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...