Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Easy Macaroons



I was browsing a magazine and saw this recipe of macaroons. Although I'm not so fond of macaroons, I've been wanting to make a batch. I usually don't have time these days but when I saw how easy this was, I knew I had to try it. With very few simple ingredients, it was easy to whip up a batch. The thing is, I didn't find any freshly grated coconut that the recipe called for so I substituted the same amount of dessicated coconut. I knew from the start it was a big mistake! The macaroons turned out dry. Nevertheless, I like the sweetness of the condensed milk lingering on every bite. I know, I know... better stick to the recipe next time. ;o)





Macaroons

1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
3 c freshly gtated coconut
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Combine all ingredients. Drop in teaspoonful on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 325 deg F oven for 10 to 12 mins.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...