Friday, November 12, 2010

Have You Seen Yellow Apples Before?


I haven't until a couple of days ago. It was weird, I actually thought they were pears when I saw them on the kitchen table the other day. They were not as sweet as the red ones, but not as tart as the green granny smith variety either. They were actually kinda bland. I knew then that a little sugary sweetness was all it needed.


Yes, another breakfast muffin! Apple Strudel Muffins to be exact. To be quite honest, I rarely bake with apples. My recipe collection for apples were not as extensive as banana baking. But I'm so glad I made these! They were gone in minutes the moment they came out of the oven. My family couldn't be happier. =) We all love the streusel/strudel topping with its crisp, sugary-cinnamon bite. The only request they had was to add more apples to it next time. I only used one, and I agree, it could use more. 


The recipe is supposedly good for twelve muffins, but I had a lot of leftovers. I placed them on a mini muffin pan, and I got around six. Ideally you should bake the smaller muffins in a lot less time than the standard size ones, but I completely forgot about it (too busy munching), so they came out crispier, but still good! This recipe is definitely a keeper. =) 

 ♥♥♥

P.S.
I'm confused though, what is the difference between a strudel and a streusel? =)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...