Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Birthday Cupcakes


The love of my life just celebrated his birthday a couple of days ago. When I asked him what he wants for me to bake for his big day, he simply said: "pure and heavy chocolate cake." I opted for cupcakes (with his permission), because I'm not very confident making 9 inch cakes. Something's always not right every time I make them, usually the frosting. Cupcakes are more forgiving when it comes to frosting so cupcake it was.


I used a new recipe I got here...which may be a bad thing because the cupcake was not as chocolatey as I wanted it to be. The chocolate frosting I used was from Hershey's Kitchen recipe, which I've been using for several years now.


I must say, it's really not my favorite cupcake... I've had better. But it was a heavy cupcake, alright! Heavy because of too much frosting! I have to remember to put a little less of it next time. =)


Hershey's Chocolate Frosting


1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.



♥♥♥


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...