Friday, June 1, 2007

Chocolate Supremo Cake

My boyfriend and I were strolling at ATC when a craving for something sweet and chocolatey started gnawing on my taste buds. So Richard took me to Starbucks and let me have anything I want! (talk about sweet...) ;o) Anyway... I was hesitant at first because I'm not the kind to splurge on food when there's a good enough alternative that wouldn't burn holes in my pocket. (talk about stingy!) ;o) When we got there I was a bit disappointed with how limited the selections are, but I recovered fast enough when that craving for something sweet and chocolatey started to resurface from the depths of the stomach. ;o)


Choosing was hard. I went from one chocolate cake to another, to eclairs to bagels, then back to eclairs and then back to chocolate cake. Finally, I've made up my fickle mind... I chose chocolate supremo cake (P105/slice). It was moist and soft with a hint of coffee liqeuer, maybe espresso. It was three alternate layers of chocolate cake and soft wafers (that tasted very much like graham crackers, only better). The white chocolate garnished on top was a bit tasteless, but I was most intrigued with the finger cookies on the edges. I expected that it would taste a lot like lady fingers but it was way too sweet for that. Richard was right, it was like hardened icing. Overall, it was a nice cake, a new dessert experience. I'll definitely go back, and have that eclair.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...