Sunday, June 3, 2007

Chocolate-Coated Sunflower Seed Cookies


My Dad likes buying pasalubong for us since we were kids. He never stopped even if my sister and I are all grown up. He even buys one for my Mom once in a while when he sees a favorite of hers like dried plums and dates. He knows all our favorites. One day my little sister Diane asked for chocolate-coated sunflower seeds, that's her favorite. He bought her a pack from Aji Ichiban and he bought an even bigger pack for me. (My Dad is sometimes biased, to my favor of course!) ;o) He said I could put it on cakes... I don't think it would complement a cake at all but I know it would be great on cookies. So I made my favorite cookie recipe (chocolate chip cookies from Hershey's) and replaced the chips with the sunflower seeds. I really like it's rainbow colors and the nutty-ness of the seeds. Now I have a new way to enjoy my cookies. It was a perfect creation to reciprocate a perfect fatherly love.




Chocolate-Coated Sunflower Seed Cookies

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips **(replace with 100 grams chocolate coated sunflower seeds)**

1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.

(recipe adapted from http://www.hersheys.com/)

Recipe note: I bake my cookies on 350 degrees F for 12-15 mins, it comes out chewier.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...