Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Kind of Breakfast


My sister Kate gave me a waffle iron for Christmas. Actually, it was the one I asked for her to give me. Ü I've had this recipe of waffles for as long as I've discovered allrecipes.com, and I had always put off making this because I didn't have a waffle iron. Lucky me, I finally got my wish! Ü So one Saturday morning last month, just a week after the New Year, I decided to put my brand new waffle iron into use and made breakfast for my family. This was actually the first time I made waffles from scratch. Secretly, I was hoping it would taste just like the ones from the Pancake House... these came out a little bland. But a slather of the freshest, sweetest butter actually made these little darlings a melt-in-the-mouth sensation! It's very light.. crispy on the outside but still soft on the inside. Pair it up with slices of bacon and a glass of fresh orange juice, and you got heaven! I couldn't think of a better morning. Ü

♥♥♥
Waffles (from allrecipes.com)

2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
♥♥♥

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...