Sunday, September 19, 2010

Julia for my Birthday!

Guess what I got for my birthday? Lo and behold, it's Julia Child's book "Mastering the Art of French Cooking"! This present was totally unexpected! It wasn't even on my secret wish list. ;o) To get a better grasp, let me share a little history of why this came to be.


My good friend "B" gave me a DVD copy of the movie "Julie and Julia" starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. It was a movie based on the lives of two different individuals, the legendary Julia Child (need I explain who she was!) and Julie Powell, a government call center employee who loves to cook and "blogged her way through Julia Child's cookbook", Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I loved the movie so much, I watched it again with my beau Richard. In fact we both loved it, we watched it again the third time! I guess I like success stories, of people realizing and living their dream, of having all the odds against you and still coming out a winner! This movie is all about that, and more... It's also about good food, better cooking, and finding comfort in loving what you do and doing what you love!

Long story short, Richard was also inspired by the movie, he decided to give me Julia Child's legendary classic book as a birthday gift! Now I have not read far enough to judge and review it, but I'm sure I will love it! (even if I only bake, and don't really know how to cook!) ;o) I feel so grateful to have such loving and supportive man... (similar to Julia's & Julie's husband in the movie) ;o)





Photo note:

I must say I like the original cover of the book, probably because of the color.. it's just so vibrant, compared to the green jacket.

♥♥♥

2 comments:

arckie said...

penge ko brownies.. hehehe!

Anna ♥ Sugarized said...

hehe... wala yatang brownies sa book na to eh.. =) cream puff gawa ako.. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...