Friday, November 5, 2010

An Apple Surprise!

I know, I know.. Sugarized blog is about baking! But I could not resist posting this one. I was browsing the grocery aisles this evening to buy some "healthy alternatives" for my Mom, since she recently suffered a stroke.. And while I was at the aisle of condiments looking for some low sodium soy sauce, this bottle of a gem caught my eye! Apple Ketchup! I've never heard of apple ketchup before, let alone tried one! I've had the ubiquitous tomato ketchup and the budget-friendly banana ketchup... I've heard of squash ketchup in the past but never saw it in any of the supermarket aisles... but apple?! Surely I gotta try this one. So I did.


The verdict? It sort of tastes similar to banana ketchup, only lighter. If you've had the store-bought sweet and sour sauce in a bottle, the apple ketchup was like a cross between that (without the spiciness), and the banana ketchup variety.


Aside from my curiosity, one of the things that compelled me to buy it is the mighty promise at the back label. I know my photo is blurred, and you probably can't read it! Sorry my camera has really low resolution.. =) So let me  read it for you:


Apples are healthy-licious! Apples are rich in Vitamin C and phyto-chemicals called flavonoids and polyphenols that help fight cancer. Plus more whole-body benefits:
- lower blood cholesterol
- better bowel function
- less risk of stroke
- prevent type II diabetes and asthma


Now that's a mighty promise alright! Flavonoids are showing up almost everywhere in the advertising industry. I guess more and more people are getting conscious of healthy-living nowadays. I'm all for that, so I'm not complaining. =) Since my Mom got sick, I really got into thinking about radically changing my family's eating habits and lifestyle. I would want them to be around for a long time. So if this Apple Ketchup is a start, then I think I'm on the right track. =) ♥♥♥

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...