Thursday, December 16, 2010

Brownies To Go


I've been without a job for two months now. I resigned from my last one because I had "other plans." In an ideal world, my bank loan would've been granted and I would enroll in a reputable (read: pricey) baking school, finish with a certificate to boast, and then live happily ever after. But then, I do not live in an ideal world, and the Master of the universe clearly has other plans. What that is, I have no idea! So with more than sixty days of free time (to date), the ideal me would've thought I'd spend it baking my heart out! Definitely not the case here. I've learned the hard way that being unemployed for longer than what was intended can take a toll on my bank account. Since I have limited resources, and the with the holidays just around the corner, I decided to use my precious and dwindling baking supplies only when necessary. I am looking forward, though, to my annual cookie-baking-marathon which usually starts a day or two before Christmas. That's when I can splurge!


A couple of days ago, my Mom asked me to bake for her dear neighbor who will be moving to another town -- a neighbor that I didn't even know we had...(and I've been living in our house for more than two decades!) I couldn't say no to my Mom, and besides, she simply asked for brownies. I know a recipe that I've already made several times which could be done in a jiffy, and the ingredients were already in the pantry so there's no need to run to the grocery store. That's a good thing for me, because although I have all the free time in the world right now, I'd still rather stay in the house than go out and brave the congested December traffic or the mob of shoppers in a shopping frenzy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the holiday madness, including the mob of shoppers...but I don't wanna go through that for just a stick of butter or something. =)


♥♥♥

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...